Aesthetic Waterside Scenery
It is much preferred to have designs sympathetic to the surrounding natural environment for the fixed structures of floodgates, sluice gates, and sluice pipes.
To meet these demands, we have developed the Bow Rack, a chain rack type opening/closing device favored by many, including public agencies.
In addition to functionality, our lineup with curved rack design softly integrates the structure into the natural environment. This landscape-friendly sluice gate opening/closing device eliminates the need for a rack bar cover that protrudes into the operation room.
Series: FBRS / NBRS / FBRD / NBRD
1. Landscape Design
The curved rack bar eliminates the need for a rack bar cover that protrudes from the operation room for a more pleasant landscape design.
Choose the radius and height of the rack bar cover to your specifications to fit the shape of the building and lifting height.
A center rest can also be installed as required making it possible to meet all the various installation conditions.
3. Extensive Product Lineup
The Bow Rack comes in a wide range of models, from a 20–125kN single-lift type to a 30–1,000kN double-lift type.
4. Superior Strength
The strength of each part is manufactured in accordance with the Draft Dam & Environmental Facility Technical Standards, making for an extremely robust and durable design.
How it Works
When moving up and down:
- The suspended load (tensile load) applied to the lower end is carried via the pins and link plates keeping the links together.
- The links of the chain rack bar above the switchgear curve along the guide rollers.
When pressing down:
- The pressing force (compressive load) is carried through the contact surfaces (A-B) in each link.
- Checks for buckling in the rack bar are carried out by modeling each link block as a long column (rotational support at both ends).
- A center rest can also be installed as required.
Products Used by
Regional Development Bureaus of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, as well as local governments (local public organizations) and others